Speedometer Recalibration

• 3 weeks later...

Need to calibrate your speed since you have bigger tires? or just want the navigation to run self-diagnose or just want to see how many sattelites are currently on top of you ? see your speed in MPH?

hee heee

This is how you enable diagnostic mode, just turn off the car to get out of this mode

-Start car, turn on parking light

-Hold down both Climate and Audio buttons at the sametime do the next step

-Turn OFF parking light, then ON, then OFF, then ON, then OFF

This will put your in the SECRET/Service NAV menu

Coeficient setting is used to compute your speed vs moving map when NAV signal is not available.

Default setting is 1.000, ie your car speed is your distance (ie 20mph, so in 1 hr, your distance travel is 20mile, the computation is realtime based on your current speed)

Just write down what you currently have, I have mine set at 1.020 right now, and the nav cursor track the road alot better, when the GPS icon come on, then that settting is not used, when GPS icon is not ON, then the coefficent is used. So if you have bigger rim, not stock, you want to add/reduce the coefficient a bit

When I had mine set at 1.000, I am usually about 15-20m off from where should be at, according to the map (when GPS icon is NOT ON). Now, I am right on the money

I would set your coefficent up a bit, (increase by .010 ) see how it goes, if still not enough, go 0.010 more, like that.

Courtesy of BananaGS.

Sincerely

Steve@Lextasy.com

Visit www.Lextasy.com for all your Lexus Performance needs.