Want To Buy New Car, Lexus?

stagerdr

I suggested the LS since you have an  SC..........which gives you performance.  This would negate the BMW for me.

I know nothing of the Audi.  Are it's interior dimensions the same or larger than the LS?

B) You will find that the LS with the six speed transmission is every bit as quick as your SC. I have both 2004 models and the LS certainly feels quicker than the SC. Tread with care on both the BMW and Audi. Both are less than reliable and repairs can be agonizing---long wait for replacement parts and many nuisance problems. I have acquaintances that have both of the cars that you are considering and they constantly !Removed! and moan over the nagging problems that they have.

I currently drive an SC 430,  wife drives LX 470.  Now have 2 kids and need a sedan.  Looking at LS,  Audi A6,  and BMW 545.    Anybody have any advice?  Would like performance, luxury,  and reliability.  What ya think?

Wow, Audi, BMW and the LS. That's a tough call.

I've driven all three a month ago, and all three of them are exquisite rides. If I was break them down, I'd steer towards the LS for Luxury, and Performance and Reliability towards all three.

For your family I'd go with the LS, unless you live in a snow state like a lot of us. Then I'd think about the Audi w/AWD.

just curious, why do you need a sedan for 2 kids when you have an LX470?

Thanks to all for your help.

Need a sedan to tote the little ones(4mos &18mos) when the wife needs her car for business or going out with girls. (She doesn't like driving my car, nor do I like her driving my car, oops!)

Anybody think the LS has the reputation as an "old person's" car? We are in are 30's and would prefer a sporty sedan. How does the LS do comparitively in handling and acceleration in your opinions?

Dave

ok gotcha

Anybody think the LS has the reputation as an "old person's" car? We are in are 30's and would prefer a sporty sedan. How does the LS do comparitively in handling and acceleration in your opinions?

the LS is pure CLASS in every bit of the sense........i drive an LS and i'm 25, (there are also a lot members that are younger than i am that drive LS's) so age isn't an issue with this car........actually i don't see many older people driving them nowadays.......old/young, its a great car to own.

the LS is far from an "old person's car" and you will find that out the first time you drive one....... :)

other members will chime in as far as comparisons.........

you will find that the 4.0 and especially the 4.3L V8 pack plenty of power.. ;)

Does the LS have a reputation as an old persons car, probably in some places but not moreso than any other big luxury sedan. You might be happier if you waited for the new GS430 to come out in a few months, check the General Discussions section for some pictures of that.

I'd go drive an LS430 with the sport package and see what you think.

I love my '02 LS430 and selected it (new0 after exhaustive comparisons, test drives, etc., but I would question your wisdom in asking your question on this board. Isn't it like asking a Republican to comment on the Bush/Cheney ticket? You might also check out Edmunds.com Their reviews are pretty reliable and contain comments by both satisfied and dissatisfied owners. The reasons for not commenting favorably on the LS430 are quite interesting and include too quiet, too smooth, and "boring".