Speaker problem on a GS300

DC Fish - I'm having a problem with one of my speakers and hoped you could help. My front driver side speaker in my 98 GS300 keeps going out and then coming back on. If i turn off the stereo once it goes out and then turn it back on it works excellent for a couple minutes until it will go out again. Sometimes it goes out and comes back on after a few minutes. Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem might be? Do I need to check connections? Any input would be very helpful.

Thanks!

DC Fish - I'm having a problem with one of my speakers and hoped you could help.  My front driver side speaker in my 98 GS300 keeps going out and then coming back on.  If i turn off the stereo once it goes out and then turn it back on it works excellent for a couple minutes until it will go out again.  Sometimes it goes out and comes back on after a few minutes.  Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?  Do I need to check connections?  Any input would be very helpful.

Thanks!

mmorin , Did you ever resolve the speaker problem ? I'll be tracking this !!!

DC Fish - I'm having a problem with one of my speakers and hoped you could help.  My front driver side speaker in my 98 GS300 keeps going out and then coming back on.  If i turn off the stereo once it goes out and then turn it back on it works excellent for a couple minutes until it will go out again.  Sometimes it goes out and comes back on after a few minutes.  Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?  Do I need to check connections?  Any input would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Sounds like it could be a loose wire. I'd check the pos/neg connections on the speaker. Thought I had a blown door speaker in my car because of similar problems to yours. Opened up the door and it was a wire that had come loose on the speaker. Vibrations would bump the connector around, sporadicly connecting and made the speaker sound like crap.

Thanks!

Sounds like it could be a loose wire. I'd check the pos/neg connections on the speaker. Thought I had a blown door speaker in my car because of similar problems to yours. Opened up the door and it was a wire that had come loose on the speaker. Vibrations would bump the connector around, sporadicly connecting and made the speaker sound like crap.

Well I looked into this and it sounds like the wire attachments to the cone , You need a new speaker. I may be able to get the part .