2005 Ls430 In-dash Cd Player

falc430

Hi all,

I just bought a 2005 LS430. People at the dealership advised me to stick to “original” CDs when trying to load CDs into the in-dash CD player; otherwise, you will not be able to eject the CDs they say. Most, if not all of my CDs are in MP3 format right now, anyone can confirm what they’re saying?

Well thats the problem...

I wouldn't put any CD in there I cared about because if it fuses then you have to have the whole unit shipped off and HOPE your CDs come back to you. Our Prius has the same CD changer used in all the Toyota/Lexus vehicles that have that single feed changer. They are *terrible*. Ours failed at 1000 miles, we got the CDs back after about a month, but I'm sure everyone isn't as lucky. The Toyota dealer had a giant box of CDs waiting to go back to their owners, the guy told me he replaces 2-3 changers a week and that burned CDs or low quality CDs can exascerbate the problem.

• 1 month later...
Just curious, did the Cd give you an error message? My 1995 LS400 has recently refused to play and gives us an "error 23 or 24" Message.

Bob

I got my LS for a month now ..and probably 5 cd's out of 6 at all times are burned rather then original ...i never heard about that problem in 2005 models...now that i see what can happen i am alittle concerned....lol so far was great.

• 2 weeks later...
I THINK THE REASON IT JAMS UP THE IN DASH CHANGERS IS THICKNESS ISSUE.

that was really only with the older lx's and the 1st IS's , and it ate all cd's not just burned ones. 90% of my cd's are burned and have not had a problem and im on my 6 different lexus

Which is thicker, original CD or CD-R? Would it help if you put a label on the CD-R to make it more 'grippy' so the feeder could handle the disk, or might that exacerbate the problem?

I drove a 2003 ES300 a little while back... it had a single in-dash player plus a 6-disk cartridge player in the armrest. I had problems playing back some tracks of a burned disk while using the in-dash player. I didn't try the cd changer.

• 4 years later...

My 95 LS400 never had a problem with playing "burned cd's," neither did my 01 LS430...until today. Disc 2 won't eject...it is a copied CD. (I like to make a copy of the CD's I buy to use in my car so I can keep the original pristine) I was searching this forum for a fix when I came across this link. Hope this helps, in other words...don't risk it. BTW my 95 changer had a tendency to scuff the discs...my 430 doesn't seem to do that. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get the disc out?

Thanks,

Joe