Interior Carpets Shot........

Welcome!! :D

I'm in the same boat-my carpet looks like crap from tons of stains. I don't think it'd be that hard to change-front seats can be out in 10 minutes, the console is easy to dismantle, and all of the trim just snaps in to place I believe, but my LS has the heel and toe, floor mounted accelerator, so that makes me nervous about the job. An upholstry shop told me it is a $1k job for my '95 LS4. I don't know where you could get the carpet. I've searched(the net) before with no luck. :(

:cheers:

i posted this in the other section and i just wanted to ask a quick question. i need to replace the carpets and i was just wonedering how much it is to replace them or if it is something i could do myself. just thought i could get a quicker answer here sorry for the double post. thanks again.

not sure how much it will cost but you have to remove both front seats, rear seat bottom cushion, all 4 door trim molding pieces, seat belt anchors for front 2 seats, drivers foot rest on left, plastic molding on left of drivers seat and right of passangers seat.

i was quoted $299 P&L to do my contour, BUT, a contour is not a lexus. if youre foing to recarpet, pop for the little extra cash and get a custom carpet, like berber or something. it is surprisingly only a little more expensive than using OEM replacement.

also, carpeting is not that hard to do yourself. i did it in my moms Concorde. it is Black Berber-type Carpet (dont recall the brand exactly got it at the home depot though), for a house LOL. the estimate for my moms concorde with OEM replacement was $359 IIRC.

96LexES300, I have merged your identical posts to eliminate simultaneous posting.

This way we are all on the same page.

In the future, rather than posting twice, you could try posting once in the forum that will get you the most viewing or responces. In the other forum you could post a link to the primary post. Have a mod close the linking post so that members will reply to one and only one thread.

It is so much less confusing this way.

steviej.

96LexES300, I have merged your identical posts to eliminate simultaneous posting.

This way we are all on the same page. 

In the future, rather than posting twice, you could try posting once in the forum that will get you the most viewing or responces.  In the other forum you could post a link to the primary post.  Have a mod close the linking post so that members will reply to one and only one thread. 

It is so much less confusing this way.

steviej.

thanks i'm still kinda new here.