1998 Gs 400 Navigation System Update

hey guys,

does anyone know if the navigation system can be updated for 98 GS400,

i just got mine  it is 97 version, it doesnt have all the streets.....

thanks

Yes. Lexus will give all pre 2000 owners a free update. :cheers:

thanks a lot, I'll check with lexus dealer

YOUR CAR HAS TO BE UNDER THE 4 YEAR / 50,000 WARRANTY FOR THE UPDATE. Then it is free of charge. If out of warranty $360.00 at the stealer. I also have heard of sending the harddrive to DENSO for update for $260.00.

• 2 weeks later...

YOUR CAR HAS TO BE UNDER THE 4 YEAR / 50,000 WARRANTY FOR THE UPDATE. Then it is free of charge. If out of warranty $360.00 at the stealer. I also have heard of sending the harddrive to DENSO for update for $260.00.

Denso will not work with consumers, you must go through Lexus.

Lexus-parts.com sell it for $300.

That is true you have to go through LEXUS but it's destined for DENSO , LEXUS STEALERS just play the middle man !!!

That is true you have to go through LEXUS but it's destined for DENSO , LEXUS STEALERS just play the middle man !!!

fyounes , I can get the update for your 98 nav. contact me for details.

• 2 months later...
dcfish - let me know if you have some scoop on the nav update, I'm thinking about updating my 99, currently with the 01 version - h_clark at yahoo dot com.  Thanks

I have a 98 gs 400 with the navigation system. All I have seen is updates for 01 and up. To my understanding thats when it upgraded to a dvd navigation.. How about for ours??????? Please let me know what we can do for and update or upgrade.. Thanks