My 97 Is Prewired For Lots Of Extras

sunman

After tearing apart the interior for sound deadening material, I found the following.

1. Prewired for AVS suspension system. Even at the shock towers, the plugs are there. Main control unit plug is on right of glove box on bottom.

2. Prewired for some kind of lexus phone system. Wiring in center console and goes to rear left trunk.

3. Prewired for electronic folding mirrors. Front 2 doors have the plugs there and the switch plug is located in the fuse box area.

that is common practice for most car makers.

If I take up my center console, I will find the harness for the rear sunshade and ECT. I have neither or these installed.

My fuse box has a location for a fuse for the moving pedals. My car is a 2002, the moving pedals wasn't an option until the 2003 model. Here Lexus is planning ahead.

steviej

The expierence I have had when taking apart japanese cars is that they are never equipped with additional harness connections for options. This is the first I have seen. I have owned several toyota's and none were wired for options that I did not have.

Cool... I've wanted to add a few things like reverse tilt down mirrors and maybe power mirrors, I wonder if mine is pre-wired too.

I know that the steering column has at least some sort of residual something for a power tilt wheel. When you take the key out of the ignition the wheel clicks and you can feel it as if it were going to tilt up and away like other Lexuses.

I know that the steering column has at least some sort of residual something for a power tilt wheel. When you take the key out of the ignition the wheel clicks and you can feel it as if it were going to tilt up and away like other Lexuses.

LOL........Probably just some wishful thinking. :D

I'm so freaked out about strange sounds also. I noticed when I was parking my car I heard a clicking sound which didn't sound normal.......until I discovered it was the button on my jacket sleeve hitting the steering wheel when I turned it to park the car. I was ready to bring it into Lexus Service. heehee :D

I forget if it was here or on CL where a guy was complaining about a hissing sound under the dashboard. Evertime he turned a corner the hissing started again.

Upon inspection, it was his bottle of Dr. Pepper under the seat. The cap was not completely on tight.

steviej

I forget if it was here or on CL where a guy was complaining about a hissing sound under the dashboard.  Evertime he turned a corner the hissing started again.

Upon inspection, it was his bottle of Dr. Pepper under the seat.  The cap was not completely on tight.

steviej

LOL

That's funny. :lol: