Found A 91 Ls400...time To Join The Club?

headjoog

Well...another one joins the club - maybe....

I drove a 91 LS400 with 136K on it. It had the traction control and all the goodies. Compared to my M3, these Lexus machines are like a magic carpet ride.

Everything looks good on the vehicle except:

1) The LCD Blackout issue - I understand it's a "standard" feature on this model and not a big deal to replace.

2) The CD Changer is suspect. There was a spare magazine in the trunk and I could not seem to get the magazine out. I did not get an error code or any response when I pushed the CD button on the radio. Is this a major ordeal? How much for a new changer?

3) The brakes seem to squeak a bit. Is this normal?

I called one of the Lexus dealers here and they said it had the timing belt replaced at 108K. Are there any other things I should check for before signing the check? It's at a dealer and he wants $6950 and the carfax checks out clean. Any thoughts out there? Thanks - Headjoog

Well...another one joins the club - maybe....

I drove a 91 LS400 with 136K on it.  It had the traction control and all the goodies.  Compared to my M3, these Lexus machines are like a magic carpet ride.

Everything looks good on the vehicle except:

1) The LCD Blackout issue - I understand it's a "standard" feature on this model and not a big deal to replace.

2) The CD Changer is suspect.  There was a spare magazine in the trunk and I could not seem to get the magazine out. I did not get an error code or any response when I pushed the CD button on the radio.  Is this a major ordeal?  How much for a new changer?

3) The brakes seem to squeak a bit.  Is this normal?

I called one of the Lexus dealers here and they said it had the timing belt replaced at 108K.  Are there any other things I should check for before signing the check?  It's at a dealer and he wants $6950 and the carfax checks out clean.  Any thoughts out there?  Thanks - Headjoog

7k is way too much.