Ntb Vs. Lexus Dealership

white ice

well, am a new employee of National Tire and Battery. this brings me to a dilemma; my 96 sc 300 is a bout to hit 90k in the next month or so. working for NTB i receive a discount on everything, so do i continue to take my car to the dealership or get what i can done at a discount price???

Ok here is a question I can handle.

I ALSO work for NTB. <_< I'm not sure what the 90k maint. is on the 300 so heres some guesses.

Coolant Flush: You car should use Toyota Red Long Life (50/50 mix with distilled water). So prob. a dealer item.

Spark Plugs and Wires: I recomend Bosch Platinum +4, not the best plug in the world but a really good plug for the price and avalibilty. Just have the sales guys at work call any parts shop your store works with.

Timing Belt: Dealer.

Oil Change (why not?): I get mine done at work with full synthetic. I'd RATHER use Amsoil, royal purple, or Mobile 1...but the penzoil stuff will do. (cost as much as doing it your self) Dont use the Everwear Oil cleaning stuff...it eats seals.

Dist. Rotor Cap: work or dealer...not the hardest thing in the world.

Tranny Flush: Check your manual for what you car takes. If the oil is Toyota Type-II or Type-IV then dealer. If its Dextron II or Dextron III then your work should have that.

Power Steering: Leave it alone. If needed: Dealership.

Brakes: Pads and Rotors: Work. Fluid Change: Dealer.

Tires: Duh

Alignment: Duh

Anyway you get the idea. The big thing is that when replacing the fluids you use the CORRECT fluid. In these cars with higher miles the generic stuff just wont cut it.

Hope this helps. :cheers: