Lx450b Value

dakrri

I’m contemplating selling my 96 LX450 with 101,000 miles on it, and would like opinons from aroud the country. I have been looking around at websites and it seams they are getting between $15,000 and $16,500 for LX450's in my condition (excellent). It has the 3rd row seats, dark green with tan, new tires, moon-roof, luggage rack, back wind spoiler, CD exchanger, etc. I was wondering if anybody knows of an internet site that has "high sales" (not eBay) when it comes to SUV’s. I live in Wisconsin and did most of my research on pricing in this state. I know we can post on this site, and I probably will, but has anyone bought or sold on autotrader.com, or cars.com, etc? Do you think the pricing $16,500 obo, is fare?

dakrri

To put it plainly -- it's worth what you can get for it...

As you know, different regions have different prices. Here in CA, the prices for LX450s and Land Cruisers are a bit higher than in other parts of the country. Last week, I saw a 96 LX450, white, with all options -- including the difficult to find Locking Differentials (DIFF LOCK), with 100,850 miles at a dealership. They wanted 15,750 for it.

Your price of $16,500 might be a bit too high (by about 2 or 3K) if you're looking to sell it soon. Does yours have the locking differential option? If so, you might be able to sell it a bit quicker, if an offf-road-type guy came across it. Another odd thing is that depending on region, the LX450s sell for a bit less than the Land Cruisers of similar year and options. Can't figure that one out -- could be that people are looking for Land Cruisers but don't recognize that the 450 is the same vehicle with a few upgrades.

Why are you wanting to sell your 450?

Good luck on the sale.

You can ask any price you like when selling your LX but to ask a fair price for both you & the buyer.

Try the Kelley Blue Book sight on line this will give you a better idea of pricing on your LX for your area it lets you add all your options & gives you a selling price for your LX

I tend to agree with Doug. Locale is a significant factor. Depending on where your at, it might bring more on ebay.. which is better suited for sellers than buyers IMO. A patient shopper could get that rig for a few G's less, but it doesn't hurt to ask what you want, just depends on how bad you want to sale it.

Unfortunately the prices for these rigs seems to have dropped considerably over the last year.

Good luck.

Rookie

Here is the valuation from the mid-west auctions and exepcted retail.

Market Analysis OCT 11, 2004 Aug. July April Oct. 2003

Avg Price $11,021 $10,675 $10,324 $10,828 $12,408

Avg Miles 110,012 115,524 111,450 122,697 105,431

Projected Values Oct. 2004 Nov. 2004 Oct. 2005

Condition Above Avg Below Avg Avg

Wholesale $12,400 $11,000 $9,675 $10,850 $9,975

Retail $13,850 $12,400 $10,950 $12,250 $11,250

96,LEXUS,LX450 4WD,4D SPORT UTILITY

Ebay completed sales is probably you best indicator. Autotrader is only going to list asking prices.. I agree from selling used vehicles that it is only worth what people are willing to pay. new vehicles are cheap so there is quite a bit of competition. Good Luck.

The reason for selling, has to do with practicality. This is my 3rd Lexus (94 SC400, 96 LX400, and 96-LX450) and they have been exceptional vehicles. If I do sell, I know that I will own another Lexus in the future.

I bought a cottage in northern Wisconsin 2-years ago. The 450 LX is just not a functional hauler when it comes to ATV’s, Food/beer coolers, cloths, tools, building supplies, etc. I do pull a 100 inch x 10 foot trailer, but that’s becomes a pain after awhile. I’m looking to buy a used diesel pickup truck with an 8-foot bed.

I appreciate all the feedback and your all right about pricing, it’s what a person is willing to pay and the demand for the vehicle. Has anyone ever sold or bought off “autotrader” or “cars.com”. I’m thinking of maybe using one of them as a seller.

Thanks for the feedback

Dakrri