Is Touchless Wash And Dry Bad For Your Lexus?

Jacob

A few days ago, I used the automatic touchless wash and dry to clean my car. I then started to notice that the sunroof won’t flush with the rest of the body. Have any of you noticed bad effects for touchless car wash? And is there anyway I can convince my sunroof to behave like a good boy again?

Jacob

year?

1996 LS400

SW03ES,

That could be true, but there's no way to find out.

Are those sunroofs adjustable? Or do I have to live with it like this?

I'm not sure what or if any adjustments can be made to your 1996 LS, but I just had my '04 LS' sunroof replaced because of a rattle when open. The tech told me there were no adjustments possible to the sunroof in the open position, but when closed, there are adjustments for alignment, etc.

Mike

Thank you Mike,

Mine doesn't rattle, it's just the misalignment (what a shame that a 2004 would rattle) It's good to know that it's adjustable, so I'll try to find out more about that.

Jacob

Jacob,

My replacement sunroof is fine, no more rattles. If that's the only problem I have with my car, I'll be a very happy camper. I hope yours can be adjusted and you are satisfied with the results. Good luck.

Mike

sometimes rattles are screw and botls that fall in after a vehicle is already assembled.

their are shims to be added to each mount on the sunroof.

Use silicone spray on the weather strip to tighten the seal and provide some extra lube for the motor