Where Is Rx330 18" Tire Pressure Sensors?

LexusRXLover

Hi,

I had really bad luck day. :cries:

I just drove over a brick on express way(45mph). The brick damaged one of my rim and tire. I can not believe a piece of brick can damage my rim.

18" Alloy Wheel is a piece of junk. Never dirve over anything....

I did not get new rim and tire yet. But I am wondering where is the tire pressure sensor? Is it inside of tire?

If someone knows about it please show me..

Thanks

Hi,

I had really bad luck day.:cries:

I just drove over a brick on express way(45mph). The brick damaged one of my rim and tire. I can not believe a piece of brick can damage my rim.

18" Alloy Wheel is a piece of junk. Never dirve over anything....

I did not get new rim and tire yet. But I am wondering where is the tire pressure sensor? Is it inside of tire?

If someone knows about it please show me..

Thanks

Yes the sensor is inside the wheel. You should not run into any problems, just swapping it onto the new wheel.

• 6 months later...
The sensor is made as part of the valve stem.

A good tire shop can remove a tire without breaking the sensor.

Most shops unfortunatly cannot remove them safely

Sorry guys -- it's not that sophisticated. The 'tire pressure sensor' is nothing more than a smoke and mirrors trick. It's actually an application of the ABS and traction control sensors. They use these sensors to notice a wheel rotation differential -- meaning, if one wheel is consistently spinning at a slightly different rotation than the other wheels, it means that the tire pressure is 'low'. That's all it really is.

It doesn't matter what tires or rims you have -- there are no magic sensors which are affected by tire/rim changeouts.

- CrashNBurns