Has Anybody Tried These Lights?

i was thinking of replacing my headlights with silverstar lights. the 9005 and was going to "hack" the bulb so i can have 65w all around. but then i stumbled upon these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WD1V

1st i know these are not true xenon, and i know they are not true hids

i like the purple tint but was wondering if the police consider them improper equipment.

if no one has used these lights, has anyone heard of eurodesignz lights or heard anything about them. anyone have any advice? thanks

white ice, You are aware that the 9005 are the Highbeam lights? Don't think a cop would stop someone just for the lights...just my thinking. As for color of the bulb I prefer a crystal or hyper white. Don't limit your search to ebay check out other web sites like...http://www.sounddomain.com/shoptype/Headlight+Replacement+Bulbs

http://www.eautoworks.com/

GRNSC,

yes i aware of the 9005 are the high beams. i was reading

"The next upgrade is to complete a 9005 "hack". This entails using a pair of 65 w 9005/HB3 Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. This is a different, but similar bulb socket---which is used in the SC's high beam assembly---but which works safely in the low beam assembly as well. They are priced the same as the 55 w 9006 bulbs, so it is technically a better value to just buy the 9005 version. The main difference between the 9006 and 9005 is 10 watts more power and the 9005 does not have a painted glare cap on the tip of the bulb, which works to reduce output. The two differences together create a visibly brighter output. The only compatibility issue between the two is a pair of fiberglass tabs located inside the bulb's socket. In order to plug a 9005 bulb into a 9006 socket, you must clip, sand, or cut the incompatible tabs. It is very self-explanitory once you see them in person. The mod itself takes no more than two minutes. The halogen Silverstar upgrade works well with the high beam lights as well, only without the option of hacking for a more powerful bulb. Sylvania Silverstars can be found off the shelf at most auto parts stores for around $25/ea."

taken from www.intellexual.net

thanks for the links ill check them out.

Yes, there is a HUGE difference in light output. I did the "hack" when I first got my car. It is super easy to do I just used an exato knife.

The biggest change is going from an underpowered lexus bulb (51w) to the 65w silverstar. The color temp is really good too. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE HID THOUGH, so if thats the reason for the swap than save your $50.

I would recomend doing it.

• 1 year later...

I am planning to do it tonight, will let you all know how it goes...

If you want a lights for cheap then check out this link. It is both 9006 and 9005 lights. All for $20 plus $1 shipping. I am pretty sure they will work even though it says its for a Chrysler 300c.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PA...PROD_ID=2083904

• 1 year later...

Indeed... this is exactly what I did. Modified the 9005 bulbs for a low-beam application and aimed the lights down a tad. It works great. Only on the darkest rural roads does someone flash their lights at me... and very very rarely. I could further solve this by aiming down even a little bit more.

So purchasing 2 sets of 9005's is the way to go?