Disconnecting Battery Cable Overnight?

BMAN1113

About four years ago I had an Acura Legend. Over the years it had become increasingly sluggish, etc. I spoke with an Acura mechanic who recommended unplugging the negative battery terminal overnight. He said that it sort of refreshed or rebooted the brain of the car. I was pleased to find that it did improve the way the car performed. Have you all ever heard of doing this with the SC400. I wasnt sure if that was just something unique to the Acura or if this would be beneficial to all cars. Could this do any harm to the SC400?

This isn't really nessesary... All you're doing is making the car relearn. It will be slower (I have the time slips to prove it), until it learns how to perform again. Best thing to do is just drive it at WOT in various temps to teach it how to make the best power.

When I went to the strip, I got an O2 code on the way down, so when I got there I pulled the EFI fuse. First run was in the 16's, and every run dropped about .3 seconds after that (back to back runs) until it hit 15.420 in stock condition.

The computer is always learning, so just drive the way you want to drive, and it'll learn how to adjust to you. My car was a turtle when I picked it up, after a couple hours she was a rocket ship. :D

Aaron