Tires?

IS 300 folks,

New to your forum... Has anyone tried the Falken 512's on their IS 300 Sportcross? I am preparing to replace the OEM's on my 2002. The concern I have is complicated in that I love to drive hard but travel across mountain passes regularly and need a tire that will tollerate occasional heavy rain, and snow here in WA. Any suggestions?

I recommend looking at the Kumho Ecsta ASX.

They are all season Ultra High performance tires. They have a treadwear rating of 420 and carry a 30,000 mile warranty. Not a rating but a warranty.

They are also pretty cheap.

I just put a set on the front of my sportcross (215/45-17) and so far they seem to be very good tires.

Check them out at www.kumhotires.com

Hope that helps, good luck!

PS- I found that Sears will price match Tire Rack. They do carry the Kumho Ecsta ASX. Price match is cost per tire plus shipping.

kuhmo LMAO

they are the biggest POS tire on earth might as well get a pep boys special and take it to the track.

Kuhmo's are garbage ,they are what beginners get when they buy new rims and can't afford rubber.

I hated every set i had for multiple deficencies.

moved to the wheel and tire forum

My wife has a set of the Falken 512's & so far they have been excellent on her car. Take note however......a 55 series & lower (50, 45 etc) only have a 30,000 mile warranty....60 series & up have a 60,000 miles warranty but the price is right & they are excellent in the rain (awesome especially in the hard downpours!) & we are patiently waiting to report on winter conditions. Her car is a lease & the tires should be worn fairly close to replacement which works for us as she has about 25,000 miles to go or a little over a year left on her Focus ZX5 (205 50 16). Good value tire & they did extremely well in a recent consumer reports test of high performance 'all season' tires.....they even beat my beloved Toyo Proxes TPT's lol :blink::huh::lol:

:cheers:

IS300 friends,

I ended up choosing a set of Toyo Proxes 4's. So far, they meet my driving needs. They performed well on wet, seem to corner nicely, and track exceptionally well at 140. I did notice that they slip a little in hard turn break combo's, but seem to be predictable. Soon I will be in the snow, so stay tuned...

• 2 weeks later...
kuhmo LMAO

they are the biggest POS tire on earth might as well get a pep boys special and take it to the track.

Kuhmo's are garbage ,they are what beginners get when they buy new rims and can't afford rubber.

I hated every set i had for multiple deficencies.

moved to the wheel and tire forum

Oh please wise one. Please enlighten us poor beginners with your knowledge and let us know what you sport on your vehicle. I only seek to gain wisdom!!

Oh by the way. Opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has one.

Thank you for your, oh so constructive feedback. I will be sure to never make such a poor selection in tires again in the future.:blushing:

Sport:

THe Falken 512's are an excellent tire & fantastic value for the money!! My wife put them on her 2003 Ford Focus ZX5 (at my suggestion because of the consumer reports review & from a price standpoint as it is a leased car). She loves them & they are (dare I say it) a slightly better handling tire than my Toyo Proxes TPT's. I will update in the weeks & months to come for snow & winter performance on the Falkens.......consumer reports rated them # 1 out of 18 high performance all season tires......something to seriously consider. Good Luck! B)

:cheers:

Oh please wise one. Please enlighten us poor beginners with your knowledge and let us know what you sport on your vehicle. I only seek to gain wisdom!!

Oh by the way. Opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has one.

Thank you for your, oh so constructive feedback. I will be sure to never make such a poor selection in tires again in the future.:blushing:

kumhos in general are not the greatest tires out there, but they are great bang/buck tires. to my knowledge, kumho doesnt make a horrible tire and they dont make a great tire; all of their tires are good tires at an even better price. theyre nothing to get riled up about, but you can be assured that you arent getting a total crap tire for a heavy price.