Mileage Lifetime Of Sc400

For those of you who have SC400's or LS400 over 150k, have you ever had to mess with valves? What about different sensors. It just sort of scares me to look in the engine compartment and see it littered with what appear to be sensors. It's amazing these things keep running so dependably with such a large margin for error.

I think I was on the lucky side with my Sc400, even my mechanic admits that! ^^ Well, SC400 is a strong machine to start with.

No particular failure so far except the PS, alternator, water pump, etc.

No problem with the engine itself so far.

I had a '92 Camry last 440,000 km (275,000 miles)... then my buddy who bought it ran it without oil and it threw a rod through the side of the block. My SC has 370,000 km on it now, and it's running faster 1/4 mile times than it did when it left the factory. I fully expect it to last well past 500,000 km...

I don't use any snake oils or anything, no real secrets to getting high mileage, I just use synthetic oil (castrol 5W-50 for what it's worth) every 10,000 km or so. Oh and I only have used ESSO gas in the camry, MR2SC, and now Lexus SC not that it makes much of a difference, if any. Always 92 (98 RON) octane in the MR2 and SC, 87 in the Camry.

Oh yeah drive the *BLEEP* out of it, don't baby it. I'm not hard on my car but I hit WOT fairly often.

Aaron

The sc300 will go about 250k while the sc400 has MANY running at over 350k. Expected life for the burly V-8 that never seems to die is around 300k.

BUT, at 190k you need to be worried with bushings, bearings and other body/suspension related parts and not the engine, which will seemingly last forever.

in short, check the maintenance records!

SCToy... If you like synthetics you ought to try Amsoil Series 2000 0W30 Severe Service motor oil.

Yeah I've heard nothing but good things about AMSOil. Also the 0W-30 would be good for the cold Canadian winters. I've been using Castol Syntec 5W-50 year round in all my cars for a few years now, but if I can find some amsoil I might switch one of these days.

FWIW, the Camry usually had it's oil changed every 20-25,000 km. A couple times years ago, when I used cheap motomaster or quakerstate filters, the filter must have clogged and the bypass opened up (you could hear the valve slap around if you shook the filter). But that engine still kept going... If I ever need a cheap car again I'll get a 92-96 5S-FE camry.

Aaron

haha how long will an 1uz last ...? thats a good question one person very capable of answering would be my father hes a sales rep and drives every where and i believe he has about 560k on his and hes on his way to 600k he has kept the car in good condition and is on his second transmission but the engine itself is still running strong