Factory Xenon Headlamps Installed!

sunman

I installed factory 2001 Es300 Headlamps in my 97 Es300. They work great. I installed a new harness to carry the extra load with 2 relays and seperate fuses. The autolevelling motors don't work at the moment but I have the electronic contol module to make them work. I still need to get the axel sensors for them also. Also, while toying around, I noticed the harness for the automatic suspension is installed in the car. It's a east retrofit.

yep, factory original 01 es HID lamps assy. I will post some pics soon

Can you tell us how you managed to fit the D2S bulb into the h7. Sounds like you replaced the whole headlight unit though.

Pics of the installation would be nice

enjoy.

:cheers:

I got the 01 HID housings for my 97 also, the light modules are on their way... my question for you is, how did you fit the housings in the spot? I tried to put them in, but it looks like ill have to cut out some metal from the front of the car, did you work around this or did you do that? How many pieces are involved other than the motors in making the auto-level work? I'm thinking of just fashioning something where I can control the angle via switch, figured it would be cheaper and easier, your opinion?

the front left light was a little problematic. The metal was bent slightly to accomidate the light. The right was fine. I have the control unit for the levelling system but decided against it at the moment as the harness is not available. I could use some type of dial switch to adjust them but for now, I have just fixed them to a position. I will post pics very soon.

I have the same lights with the motors. Look on the rear and there is a clear plastic piece with a red mark in it. There are 2 silver colored bolts that are used for adjustment. One for high beam and and the other for low.