Buying A New Rx 330

hybev1

Hi, this is my first post... I will be buying a 2005 RX330 soon but I want my best deal. I ordered the Consumer Reports price report and when I spec out what I want the dealer invoice is $37,127. What is a reasonable buying price for this car? I live near Boston. I want it in silver with gray int and the Premium Plus Pkg with Navigation.

I have a 99 RX 300 in perfect condition with 53,000. Don't know whether to trade it or sell it out right. Last I checked, the dealer would give me $16,500 but I see them selling for $20,000. I am a 60 year old woman but not afraid to take on car salesmen. LOL

Bev P

Don't take their sales figure as a representation of what you can get for it in the market, their car is certified pre-owned with the CPO warranty.

Right now on the 2005's I'd think $2000 over invoice is a fair deal including dealer holdback. You'll find you usually wont have to take on Lexus salespeople, I reccomend you do all the negotiating on the Internet.

Try to sell your car yourself. I believe you can get more than trading yours in to a dealership. All you need to do, if you don't have time: Find a good shop where they can detail it for you. Some shops around here will clay the car, spray wash the engine, detail the engine, detail the inside for less than $150. I know it's kind of pricey, however, it will certainly bring up your price value of the car when a prospective car buyer comes around.

i thought selling my car myself was a wise idea as well however people forget to fact in the cost for advertising, people coming to your home so you can show your car, people taking it for a test drive, the time to answer your questions, etc....

i just traded mine in (04 focus se) and got a good dollar for it.

IMHO selling the car isn't worth the hassle. You make more, but you have to get the car inspected and you have to let people test drive it, you have to apply for their temporary tag, you have to deal with their financing. Its a huge PITA. You have to decide if the POTENTIAL added money is worth not only your time but the weeks and months it may take to sell the car.

I just bought an '05 RX330 with premium plus and navigation. Invoice was $39,638, I paid $40,500 and they threw in the all weather mats and the rear rubber mat too. If you shop around, I would think you could get it for around a $1000 over invoice. Try dealing with the internet sales people, they are more willing to play the numbers game and have little invested in each buyer so they are willing to make better deals. Good luck.

I have a 99 RX 300 in perfect condition with 53,000. Don't know whether to trade it or sell it out right. Last I checked, the dealer would give me $16,500 but I see them selling for $20,000.

If the car is as good as you've mentioned, don't trade it in unless you need some quick cash and $$$ for the down payment. Get a For Sale sign and post it on the front side window and list with your cellular phone number (never home phone number), then park your for sale vehicle next to a busy street or shopping center parking lot. Screen all potential buyers and ask question before a meet them with a test drive.

Last resort, you can always do Ebay.

a.c.

I am also looking for a 05 AWD RX330 in the boston area. I got them down to 38,500 + doc fee for a premium plus pkg. In the boston area, you can get only one kind (with most options) either with Nav or without. Let me know if you are able to get a better deal.

- S

Hi, this is my first post... I will be buying a 2005 RX330 soon but I want my best deal. I ordered the Consumer Reports price report and when I spec out what I want the dealer invoice is $37,127. What is a reasonable buying price for this car? I live near Boston. I want it in silver with gray int and the Premium Plus Pkg with Navigation.

I have a 99 RX 300 in perfect condition with 53,000. Don't know whether to trade it or sell it out right. Last I checked, the dealer would give me $16,500 but I see them selling for $20,000. I am a 60 year old woman but not afraid to take on car salesmen. LOL

Bev P

Bev P

If it was me, I would definitely try to sell the prospective trade-in myself. There is always inconvenience and risk (unfortunately), in selling a car yourself, but its done by many people quite effectively every day. Based on the description of your vehicle, you should have no trouble finding a willing buyer for materially more than the dealer offered you in trade. You sound like someone who can handle a negotiation without trouble. So, go for it and best of luck!