Burned Out Cluster...

Giammin

Hi all! Sorry, I am new to posting stuff so if I sound lame or get it wrong you can feel free to drop me a line and ream me :blink:

I have a 94 SC400 and when the lights are on part of the speedo cluster is dimmed and the speedo and tach needles start to fade out to black in the middle... A friend told me that if I have the factory fix the needles they will more than likely not be able to fix the dimmed out part of the speedo (between 40 and 80 mph zone...)

Some one else told me that a company called Lexus Pros will swap it all out (http://www.lexuspros.com/tutorial7.htm) but that the needles for my car will fade at the tips...

Any advice would be great and appreciated, have a good one!

dim the dash lights down and the needles should fully glow. turn them half way down. let me know.

lovlex, thanks - actually that does work! I'd rather have them so bright that they melt my sockets at night - but for now saving the big bucks on replacing the cluster will do just fine - :D

Its not hard, infact a fellow member of this forum owns lextech. LLS on this forum does all the work. nothing but A+ quality from him. Theres a tutorial somewhere on how to take out your cluster and A/C unit. its not hard at all. if i find it i will post it

So I just yank it out and send it to them? Someone told me that I can't drive the car without the dash because the airbag light will go on... Gonna see if I can borrow a car while I leave mine parked with the dash out I guess...

Thanx!

:cheers: