Help Needed Asap

supreme300

ok so im drivin down the hiway on my way home smooth sailing until the chek engile lite comes on and rite next to it the trac control lite comes on sayn trac control off. does any1 know whats wrong with it? I baby the hell outta my car, the only thing i could think that mite of messed it up is that i got stuk in some mud the other week at school and forced it to around 2-3k rpm to get it out of there and the trac lite would blink. but thats it, anyone know what it can possibly be. i got a 99 es300 with 152k on it, dealer serviced since new. well lemme kno what u guys think mite be wrong with it. i really dont feel like spendin dealer $ on it again but if thats what it comes to i guess i just gotta buk it. thanx in advance to all those who reply.

the trac light and CEL together usually mean the car has gone into safety mode.

go to Autozone and get the codes in the ECU read for free then post the specific codes here.

There are so many codes and combinations that will set off those two lights or put you in safety mode. No one knows until you get the codes read.

steviej

its a P0420 error, i errased it with the comp i got from autozone, so the lites r no longer on, the dude from autozone did show me what was wrong. i hit a piece of faaakin wood on us-1 like a couple of days ago and knoked the sensor down, when that is misalligned the chek engine lite comes on, according to the autozone tech, its bank 1 rite underneath the drivers side door. lemme know if this is what the problem is guys, i again thank you for all your help, truly priceless, this board rocks. lemme kno if i can fix that sensor myself and how i would go about doin it.

o420 is bank 1 lean i believe, sonds liek you either

a, knoced an o2 sensor loose, or

b, broke it.

either way its 95% sure its the o2 sensor. i dunno how much they are on a lexus (i have a feeling i will find out soon enough) but on my ford they were 49.99 a piece.

have a shop install it, as the exhaust probably has to be dropped...really more hassle than its wortth, if you can afford the $50 or so to pay somebody to do it.

ok heres what the comp read out red word for word

it sed 2 errors

1 of 2 P0420 catalyst system efficiency below treshold bank 1

2 of 2 P0420 catalyst system efficiency below treshold bank 1

which are essentialy the same thing.

lemme kno how i can get a diagram to sort this thing out fellas. i really wana do this myself, can some1 tell me where its located, and how i can get at it??

thanks again in advance :cheers:

These are the suspect areas for code P0420 take from the 2002 shop manual (should be the same for your 99):

-Gas leakage on exhaust system (i think they mean exhaust gas, not fuel)

-A/F sensor (bank 1 sensor 1)

-heated oxygen sensor (bank 1 sensor 2)

-exhaust manifold

steviej

so u think if i get it cleaned for carbon it should be good again?? how do i do this?? also army of one was sayng how the o2 sensor mite be broken? can that also be the problem? how do i locate this bank. i went under my car and noticed that a wire was danglin down sort of, is this the o2 sensor? well lemme know what my next move should be guys. i erased the lites for now do u know how long before they come back?? thanx again fellas

I gave you a list of suspect areas:

-Gas leakage on exhaust system (i think they mean exhaust gas, not fuel)

-A/F sensor (bank 1 sensor 1)

-heated oxygen sensor (bank 1 sensor 2)

-exhaust manifold

have each one checked out or look them over yourself.

steviej