Reflective Glass Tintable?

willpatt

I just purchased an 2001 RX300 and am new to this forum. I was wondering if the reflective glass in the back can be tinted over? I would prefer for it to be dark with no reflection, but I definitely do not want to mess it up. If any one has done it, what are the costs and do you have pics? I am sorry if this is Frequently discussed, but I could not find it in a search. Thanks in advance for any help, William :)

BUT the tint in the rear windows is not a removable film. The glass would have to be replaced with clear glass, then tinted.

The short answer is yes it can be tinted, but it will make the glass thats in there now be even more reflective.

Let me help you out on this one, I just bought an RX300 a couple weeks ago and went through the same thing. The reflective tint on the back windows obviously cannot be removed, so what I did was have them put limo tint on the back windows and the rear hatch behind the reflective glass. This makes it impossible to see in and still looks reflective from the outside. The place I took it to also had a dark reflective tint that matched the stock windows perfectly for the front. I will take some pictures after Hurricane Jeanne passes me so you can judge for yourself, but it looks perfect, I love it.