Volume Descrepancy In Lexus Premium Radio

cagleman

Hello all...I am a big talk radio listener (on the AM dial) and listen to my CD's at other times. When I have the AM radio on, I have to turn the volume up...way up to where the white line on the dial is at about the 3 o'clock position to hear at a reasonable level. If I then switch over to CD (or to FM for that matter), that same sound level would raise the dead it is so loud. I suppose I can understand a small variation due to (perhaps) the relative signal strength of AM versus FM or the CD player...but the descrepancy is huge! Any thoughts or adjustments I can make to bring things more in line? Thanks!

Sounds like the modulation is low on the AM side.

Compare AM to CD or FM (I'm sure that CD and FM are pretty close based on your comments).

You said that AM needs to be at the 3 o'clock position. Where does the dial need to be for FM or CD to sound like it is the same volume??

I'll compare to mine and let you know if you have an issue or if they are similar.

Have you tried other AM stations?? Is it all of them?

Tom

• 3 years later...