Just Got Factory Xm Module

sunman

Well, i have finished the camry navigation system for the most part. Everything is good to go. I just got the XM unit in today. My camry nav has the option of adding a XM module to it. I bought the XM module that was meant for a ES330. It came with the brackets, harness, HUGE antenna, and module. The cheapest I found it was 410 dollars. Toyota wanted 650 for the Xm module for the solora which is the same thing! I will install it when i get some time and post results.

return it...get a plug and play Sirius player and you'll be much happier. I had XM for awhile...heard my friend's Sirius (big 80's fan and I love the Houston Texans...being in Austin, I don't get to hear it or see it when I'm on the road Sundays for work) and man...what a difference. Cancelled my XM, got the sportester and an extra home adapter for 50 bucks...

Anyway, this is just my opinion...Listen to both...and you make the decision.

I have Sirius too and love it, prefer Sirius programming to XM but I would never choose a Sirius plug and play tuner over the professionally installed and seemlessly integrated to the nav Lexus XM kit with digital CD quality sound. Its worth the slightly less appealing programming not to have to worry about either having a big ugly Sirius box on your dash or hidden somewhere in a compartment like mine (where you risk careening off the road when you go to change channels) connected with poor (comparitively) FM modulator reception.

My dad has the XM kit in his 04 LS430 and the seemless install and sound quality outweigh the better programming of Sirius. If the kit would work on an 03 ES then I would have gone that route no question.

Come man...intergrated system over quality of programming??? My plug and play is the size of a pocket pc...in a cradle...and the sportster has a wireless remote...doesn't yours? It sits right in front of the ash tray in the cradle...and the micro ant. is sitting on the dash (stuffed between the front of the dash and the front windshield). Also, I just take it inside and put it in my house cradle without paying another sub.

Take a look at the new Xact...it's sold out on HSN. My friend got one...and WOW...has build in head phone jack and a built in lith. battery. My friend just double sticks the micro ant. to the back of the Xact and it works fine when he takes it as a portable...(though the built-in battery doesn't last that long) I'll stop blabbing on about Sirius...try it...and I'm pretty sure you'll switch. Oh, my XM was the Delphi...great PNP...PNP does just fine...(programming is worth the change)

I've seen all the new Sirius tuners, I'd definately still take the Lexus XM system. The quality of programming isn't that different, definately not enough to choose a much less integrated and incomplete install with lower sound quality over a totally seamless one.

I bought the home kit for my PNP too and to this day it hasn't left the car.