Does Insurance Treat The Sc400 Like A Sports Car?

Modawg

I live in Torrance CA, and I want this car. I'm sorta worried how my insurance company will treat this car. Do they classify it as a sports car or coupe or sedan or what. I'm confuzzled. Help would be appreciated, also would help if you told me who your carrier was :cheers:

I have State Farm and it says 2DR on my statement. I guess that's 2 door, but don't know if that means sports car. Probably does. I wouldn't worry so much about the classification. It is what it is. What's important is what they'll charge you. You can always shop around. I pay about $900/yr. for comprehensive coverage. Let me know if you get a better deal. Good luck.

I drive in the 4th largest city in the nation (Houston) and I pay $122.00 per month for full coverage on my '93 SC400. My parents have been with this State Farm agent for thirty years, so I'm not aware if certain credits may have been extended to me when I started my independant policy. I have two accidents on my record also. Both my fault and within the last five years. It does have four seats thank God. I dont believe they viewed it as a sports car even though "SC = Sports Coupe". Maybe they didnt click. Who knows.

92SC400owner- $900 a year!! DAMN... That's $75/ month... are you sure? Being in Texas, you probably ought to add uninsured motorists. Too many alien drivers with no insurance.

the SC is a sport luxury coupe...what do you think? insurance for the SC is HIGH. my quote not even under my name, but under my moms name as the primary driver was 4grand a year!!!! we went with liability for 900 a year. but even that worries me as if I get my car messed with or stolen, its over, nothing backs me up. and if I ever get into an accident and its my fault, the insurance pays for the other parties damages, but does not pay for mine. I have to sort of watch where I go, and drive extra careful, but Im sure its better than shelling out another 3grand a year. Maybe in a few years, ill go with a full coverage plan if there are any promotions. hope this helps. oh yea, I actually live in Southern California, so we're pretty much in the same spot, at one time or another.