Stay Safe- Florida & Other Southeast States!

90LS400Lexus

I just want to say that I hope everyone stays safe with this extremely severe Hurricane Ivan headed toward Florida and the other southeastern USA states.

I know that many of our members are located in Florida and I pray that everyone down there stays safe. I have several family members in Jacksonville, Gainesville and Brooksville and are also concerned for them. I really do not know how much more the state of Florida can take.

Also- some other states in the the southeast such as - Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, and North Carolina also need to be careful, because the storm will also likely be headed into those areas, which have recently seen severe flooding with Frances- and even into the northeast and eastern mid-west areas- which also had flooding. Everyone stay safe and take care!

Our prayers go out to you all.

I hope everyone is still doing well- it looks like this major hurricane will be hitting the coast around the Alabama-Florida state line very soon. Looks like it will be a very dangerous next several days for many areas in the southeast. Not only the initial impact of the storm coming onto the coast- but even into the southern Appalachains, very gusty winds and catastrophic flooding is forecasted for at least thru Sunday. Even here, they have forecasted 5-9 inches of rain and even 15-20 inches possible for western North Carolina, as the storm is forecasted to stall. Power outages possible, due to downed trees and powerlines, as saturated grounds, combined with the winds will allow trees to fall easier.

Everyone stay safe here in the southeast!!