Fx 35/45 Vs Rx330

Lexus007

Well i just want to know how you guys would compare the 2 suv's

I'm still waiting for the 2005 Rx330, i would go with the Rx because it's a lexus and a infiniti does not have the realiability, the quality or luxury that a lexus may have. Sure the Fx is fast but speed is not everything.

I'm asking this question because all my friends said they would go with a Fx, even though this a lexus forum i still want to know how you would compare the 2 side by side.

:cheers:

I would always buy the FX35 for myself. My parents have one and its just a fantastic vehicle. Truly fantastic. Styling is a personal thing but I think its one of the best looking vehicles on the road, very very sporty and fun to drive for a vehicle with some utility its just a special car in a market filled with so many ho-hum entries. The RX is very very nice, but its no FX.

If I were buying a vehicle for family duty though I'd pick the RX, its much more "minivanlike" with lots of cupholders and an interior crafted for room. The FX has room and utility but its more like a sports car in that driving dynamics and style come before utility.

So basically:

SUV for me? FX35

SUV for my wife? RX330.

I agree with SW03ES. The FX is a much sportier vehicle and the suspension is designed for this mission. I have driven an FX45 and the ride is VERY firm compared to the Rex. My wife drives our 2001 RX and she is very happy with the ride quality.

I drive an Infiniti G35 and the chassis is the same on the FX If you want a sport sedan with a huge trunk, get the FX. If you want a comfortable ride with more room and an nicer (IMHO) interior, get the Rex.

The ride on the FX45 is really because of the 20inch rims. The FX35 with the base 18s rides much smoother. In all honesty it doesn't ride MUCH firmer than the RX, it just has much better handling.