'02 Rx300 Brake Pads Don't Fit...?

allenshelley

This is the first brake pad change on the car which has 43,000 miles. Well, I ordered rear and front brake pads from Park Place Lexus. They are Toyota parts #04465-48060 (front) and #4466-33050 (rear). I specifically ordered from a dealer because I didn't want to deal with fitment/capatibility problems. Well I get the front wheel off, take the old pad off, and compare the old/new pads. They are NOT the same at all. :angry: What a pain in the :censored: The original pads have (2) tabs top and bottom, fitting into (2) slots top and bottom on the caliper. The new pads have (1) tab and that tab is too big/wide to fit into a slot...I figured maybe they are now just using a single slot and one tab...but it didn't fit so I guess that's not the case. Has anybody run into this same thing with "OEM" pads? What pads have you used that DID match the original pads (2) tabs top and bottom of the pad?

What do the rear pads look like, do they not match up either?

Did you call Park Place and discuss this with them?

It is possible that the wrong pads were put in that box. It happens sometimes. Twice I have gotten left CV shafts when the box indicated the part number for the right CV shaft. Was a toyota but not my Lex.

I am sure there is a simple explanation and a simple solution.

steviej

Mystery solved...it seems that the '00 & '01 RX300s use the same brake pads. The '02 model uses different pads. Their website listed pads for a '00 - '02 model, so I ordered them. So the part numbers above are ONLY good for a '00 or '01 model. I haven't yet received my replacement pads, so I don't know the correct part number for the '02 model.

Mystery solved...it seems that the '00 & '01 RX300s use the same brake pads. The '02 model uses different pads. Their website listed pads for a '00 - '02 model, so I ordered them. So the part numbers above are ONLY good for a '00 or '01 model. I haven't yet received my replacement pads, so I don't know the correct part number for the '02 model.

Hi, Allen,

Would you please post the right Toyota parts # for 2002 RX300? I may need the pads soon. Thanks. :D

Funny you should ask... <_< I just received my new pads from Park Place Lexus. The front pads are the exact same part number and pad that I just sent back to them...you remember, the fronts are the ONLY ones I KNOW are not the right ones...I never got around to checking the rears. Now the new rears they sent are a different part number 04466-33110. Soooooo...I guess I'll wait until tomorrow morning and call them back to see what's up. All I know is that front pad #04465-48060 will NOT fit my 2002 caliper that came on the car from the factory...I have no idea what the number of the pad that WILL fit (and apparently Park Place Lexus doesn't either), but that ain't it :angry: When I do eventually get the right parts, I'll post the numbers.

www.irontoad.com lists the part numbers for a 2002 RX300 as

front brake pads: #Code: 04465-48120 Price: $70.00

read brake pads: #Code: 04466-33050 Price: $45.00

here is the link to IronToad.

I hope this helps you.

steviej

Steviej, thank you very much, but are those part # Toyota or Lexus? The are different from Allen's.

those are the numbers IronToad.com has listed next to the picture. It was from the Lexus shopping center section of there website..........go look for yourself, I posted the link. The box looks like the red and white Toyota standard packaging.

get the phone number from the website and call them.

steviej

Well....as it turns out, they sent the wrong front pads for a second time :cries: Steviej...the part number you have for the front pads (04465-48120) is the correct number. I finally received them, installed them, and they work great. The number you have for the rear pads (04466-33050) is incorrect...that's the number I received in the beginning. Now I have never actually tried that number and found it not to fit...however, Park Place told me that it was the wrong number, sent me a different number (04466-33110), I received those, installed them and they work great. So the botom line from me is this: I know for a fact that these numbers work on my '02 RX300: front = 04465-48120 and rear = 04466-33110. Again, my problem began with ordering pads from the Park Place Lexus website...they had the pads listed for '00 thru '02 RX300. Apparently, the '00 and '01 use a different pad. So be careful when ordering these pads. :cheers: