Just Installed Eibachs

I just installed my Eibach lowering springs on my 98 GS 400. I was a little worried about the install because every thing I had read prior to actually doing it said that it was hard and that there was a lot of elbow grease needed. I also heard that many people just take their cars to the dealer and have them installed.

I guess it just depends on your level of automotive experience. For the first time doing a GS it took me about 6hrs....which is not bad because that includes me have to beat impact sockets onto two of my wheel locks b/c the Mc Gard key broke. The last shop I had install the tires must have put the lugs on super tight!! This really *BLEEP*ed me off. But once we got them off it was smooth sailing...oh yeah I stopped to eat a pizza too ;)

I would say that I could do it again in about 3-4hrs... The car looks SO MUCH better now that it is lowered. I would say that the ride is a little bit rougher than stock but this may be due to my car having 100K on it and the struts may be worn out. I only installed the Eibach's b/c I don't have the money for coilovers yet, and I got the Eibach's cheap.

But referring to the install...it is just a basic spring install and there weren't many surprises at all. It is best to DIY b/c you learn in the process and if you mess up you can always take it to someone to fix it.

My buddy has a GS and now he wants to install them on his GS. When I do it again I will take digi pics and them make a write up to post on someone’s website unless I have mine up buy then....so that the forum members can have access to it. I couldn't find anything to help me when I was looking so maybe someone else will benefit from my experience.

Cheers, :cheers: