Left Front Speaker Is Flakey

JDOwen2

Left front speaker works intermittently. If I turn the volume up it comes on and then stays on no matter what the volume. I have replaced the amp and the speaker. I'm thinking now its the head unit. Anyone else experiencing a similar trouble?

well dont replace the head unit switch the channels from left to right too see if its the head unit or the wireing. i dont see how it could be the wiring. also check to tsee if its connected to the crossoveer maybe that is causeing some type of short.

i have that trouble too, off and on. I usually dont use the radio(Kenwood eXcelon) that much but i do have the problem of one speaker going off and then coming on when i turn up the volume. Electronically, it sounds like a bad connection to the speaker and since we both have the same problem with different head units that gives further evidence. I dont really care about it that much to go digging though my door panels