Fm1/fm2 Bulb Is Out....

branshew

I just noticed it last night as I was driving home from the VA Tech/USC game in DC. All of the other buttons have lights except the FM selector.

Can this bulb be replaced easily? If so, does anyone have any guidance?

I personally don't know about the radio in your lexus (never done one), but in others there are bulbs that can be changed. They are tiny and can only be gotten through the radio manufacturer or a dealer. You'll have to pull the radio surround moulding and pull the radio far enough out of the dash to get the front panel off, or completely pull the radio out of the car. In most cases the bulb lights up a clear plastic shaft or rail that goes to the individual buttons. In some cases the bulbs are in tiny sockets that can be given a quarter turn to unlock and remove. In other cases they are soldered into a circuit. Certainly a job that isn't beyond the brave and careful backyard mechanic, but may be more than you want to tackle, and may best be left to a radio technician...but it won't be cheap this way.