Car Is Going Bad

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I JUST BOUGHT A 93 ES 300 I ONLY HAD IT FOR TWO WEEKS. I WENT TO START THE CAR MADE A SQEAKING NOISE. I DRIVE IT ABOUT A BLOCK DOWN THE ROAD AND PUT THE HOOD UP AND THE CAR WAS SMOKING. I LOOK AT THE ANTI FREEZE AND THERE WAS ONLY A LITTE IN THERE SO I PUT MORE IN THERE. THEN THE CAR STARTED WORKING FIND AFTER THAT THE SMOKE STARTED COMING FROM THE HOOD AND THE ANTIFREEZE START BUBBLING AND LEAK OUT. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY EVER HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM AND WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX AT A CHEAP COST I BASICALLY SPENT MY LAST. I REALLY STRESS A GOOD THING WENT BAD :cries: :cries:

If you had asked here first i would have said not to buy a 92-93 as tehy overheat,

Ok first

you have a 93

what colour is your coolant?

how many miles?

any service records if so what has been doen and when?

Where you using your a/c

you belt may be smokign from a stuck compressor

try and be specifc in mentiong where the smoke came from, since the hood doesn;t moke unless it is on fire.

antifreeze leaking out of where , the engine, bottle rad , back seat>?

thanks

the details will go a long way to getting you back on the road

if you bought it from a dealership (Lexus or not), go back. They had to at least give you a 30 day warranty. Have them rectify the situation.

If it was a private sale, check you local law, the same 30 day warranty may still apply.

as sk said, a little more details will help us help you.

steviej.

PS, please don't type in all caps, that is considered yelling and rude on this site.

Thanks. :D

if you bought it from a dealership (Lexus or not), go back. They had to at least give you a 30 day warranty. Have them rectify the situation.

If it was a private sale, check you local law, the same 30 day warranty may still apply.

I don't know about MA or PA, but in VA, that 30 day warranty only has to apply to the internals of the engine and transmission and would not cover a compressor, thermostat, etc. At the dealer's option they can extend it to cover additional items, but most dealers don't.

I almost went to the mattresses with a dealer that I bought a Volvo from a couple of years ago after the throttle control module went bad one week after I bought the car. Since it was not internal to the engine or tranny I was hosed with a $1200 repair.

Most private sales are as is where is with no recourse.

It was to my knowledge that the early ES3's had radiator problems if regular coolant flushing had not been done. You may just want to see if you are losing coolant through the radiator or a coolant hose. Also if you have a bad thermostat, it will not allow the coolant to flow through from the radiator to the engine. Hope this is of some help.

J