Help Check Engine Light With Trouble Codes...

ylekiot1

Check Engine light on. Pulled the codes after a few days of driving

41 - tps throttle position sensor

25, 26 to rich or lean or too much difference between right and left banks.

Cleared codes and pulled them again in a few days

Just 25 and 26 this time.

Any ideas on where to start? I have the shop manuals but was wondering if anyone had similar issues that might give me the best place to start.

It sounds like you need to replace some worn out parts. I would recommend disconnecting the O2 sensors and reading their voltages. Chances are they are way off...O2 sensors don't last forever!

Check out my tutorials for doing these procedures: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials.html I have detailed instructions on doing all O2 sensors as well as TPS replacement. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the advice. YOUR WEBSITE IS EXCELLENT! I will start with the O2 sensors. What's the deal with the tps code only coming up once?

I see on sites that this is something that goes out eventually. I found a used tps for 10 on ebay as a backup. Just in case. I hear that you might be able to find the O2 sensors with the factory wiring?

Also but not urgent...

Fog lights are out. Someone told me to look for corrosion on the relay or fuseable link? Yes, the fuse itself is fine. The manual states that the relay is on the backside of the "card" where the fuses are. Is that easy to get to the back side of that? (The side facing up,) (fuses are at the bottom side facing down into the footwell....)

Does the lower dash cover in the footwell area need to be removed?

Anything else I should know?

Remote door locks don't work. Only work when it is well below freezing and car has sat outside overnight in winter. Any ideas there? The keys work. The ROM bad in the trunk? Haven't put the key directly into the remote module yet.

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP!

welcome to the club....... with all of your knowledge you will be a very valuable addition to the club.

Indeed!! I have used you site many times and have already sucessfully used your How to remove the instrument cluster / combination meter tutorial, your How to remove the yellow fog glass tutorial, How to turn off the air bag light / Clearing diagnostic code 41 tutorial, and your How to clean the throttle body tutorials. I also plan on using your front brake pad and rotor replacement tutorials when the time comes.

Many thanks!! You have saved me so much time and money! Thank You

:cheers: