Changing Pollen Filter '99 Es300

I have a Haines manual, which turns out to be largely for Toyota Camrys, etc. The small, unillustrated paragraph on changing the Camry (ES300) pollen filter is unclear. Among those of you who have done it, would someone please give some clear directions? Thanks.

When you are talking about the pollen filter, do you mean the A/C filter? If so, the access/installation instructions are located in your ES owner's manual. If you don't have the owner's manual, you should consider getting one as it can save you a lot of trouble down the road. Call up 1-800-25-LEXUS and press '4' for customer service, and ask for a free owner's manual to be delivered.

You can find access/installation instructions for the A/C filter by typing in "a/c filter" in the search engine of this forum. You should find a lot of past threads that discuss about it.

Pollen Filter, A/C Filter? Is this AKA The Cabin Filter? I posted the same question for my 2000 ES300 some time back about the Cabin Filter and got some very good responses...if you can find the post.

Thanks for the tip. Actually, I re-checked my manual last night and there is no mention of it. Also, I looked at where others have said they have found it, and did not find it. I did not, however, remove the glove box. Either the early '99's did not have one, or I will have to remove the glovebox to see if it's in the location specified for the Camry. Thanks again.

You're looking at the wrong place buddy ;) The A/C filter in all pre-'02 ES models is located to the right of the gas pedal near the floor. You'll have to pull out the carpet covering and unclip a narrow plastic "access" door to get to the A/C filter assy. You should see a grayish tab from the filter assy. Just grasp it and pull the entire filter out, and there is one more located directly above that one that you need to drop down and pull out. It's a little dark to work in that area so use a flashlight. No other special tools needed to change the A/C filter assy. Hope this helps.

I'm sure u r correct lexusk8 but I got the same response on my post a few months ago. Some said behind the glove box and some said by the gas pedal. :wacko: I even called Lexus of Alaska and asked the service manager and he said behind the glove box. Thing is I never found out because I had to take it in because the Check Engine Light came on so I just had them do it while they had it in the shop. So if you'd be so kind Avatar...please let us know where the heck you find it.

Put up another one on the board. In my '01 ES, I've probably accessed the A/C filter assy located beside the gas pedal 3-4 times within the past yr (just to familiarize myself with the components, and to change it out once). My owner's manual even indicates with pictures how to remove the A/C filter.

From the testimonials we have here, it looks like my theory is still correct: All pre-'02 ES models have the A/C filter beside the gas pedal :D

I checked my 97 and it is right of the gas pedal. It was empty so i bought one set. 2 filters total. Question is which one goes in first. There is one filter that is fully pleated and one that is half pleated. Which goes on top and which goes on bottom. I assume the half pleated one goes on top and then the full pleated one on bottom?