Cats

Travieso~13

Whars up again big homies????

My car has some hot air coming out from underneath the car (front end). After i run the car, and i have it running, if you stand next to the drivers sied door or passenger you can feel hot air from underneath. Also when i open the door and put my hand under, i can feel the hot air, and more when i rev the engine, i can hear an air leak, and feel the hot air.

Could that mean the cats need to be replaced or and exhaust leak somewhere? Im guessing thats why im getting some poor gas mileage, and the hot air.

How many cats does my Lexo have 2 or 3? Its a '92

Do i have to use specific cats for Lexo? Or can i use CATCO CATS(these are performance High Flow Cats)

Reason is i might install Flowmasters on my Lexo.

Thanks in advance for all you help and suggestions.

Do you hear an exhaust leak. The fan does create the effect of hot air blowing underneath. Your car has 3 cats, two in the front and one in the middle. An exhaust leak will be easy to find because these cars are very quiet. Also describe the sound you maybe hearing from underneath the car. Later

Thanks!

The sound is kinda like a little rattle, when i rev its ok, when the rpm is coming down is when you could hear it. Also at the same time the air sounds as if it was compresed or presured, like i said when the rpms are coming down it sounds like a rattle and as if it where releasing air w/some preasure.

Thanks again!!

So what do you think about CATCO cats and flows, would my emmisions be affected if i only use 2 High Flow Cats w/Flowmasters???

Hey Travieso I would have to hear the noise to make a correct diagnoces but it sounds like a bad cat to me. Generally a bad cat sounds like there are marble loose inside of them and the also sound like there is an air leak. You seem to have both symtoms but, you should also be loosing power. Are you loosing power and if you are loosing power you will lose more power the hotter the car gets. i suggest that you get under your car and find which one is damaged. Good luck.

I have been lossing power, my car hesitated to leave behind a '00 VW Buggy. Well i feel it, i know cause it felt the same with my '93 SC T-Bird. But i wasnt sure, i guess im going to chang ethe CATS but im going to customize it, with high flow CATS and new pipes cause those look old.

Thanks a lot for your help.

PS:

Do you know of anyone who has some kind of pictures of the undergcarige of the car?