Hvac - Error Code?

Good morning,

I'm new to this forum... lots of useful info here, very much appreciated.

My car: '93 ES300

I read the FAQ for es300/330, tried this suggestion:

"You can do a diagnostic on the hvac system by pressing the auto button and the recirc button at the same time then turning the key to on

it will display any trouble codes if present

( post if it does and i will tell you what it means)"

The HVAC display on my car flashes when I do this, and the number 21 appears on the left side of the display. Is this an error code? What does it mean? The HVAC system seems to be working OK.

I also have a question about converting from R-12 refrigerant - I'll do a separate post for that.

Thanks in advance.

Hey tckcumming,

There is another thread that discusses HVAC error codes:

HVAC Error Codes Thread

It looks like it is your Solar Sensor circuit that is giving an error. This doesn't necessarily mean that your solar sensor is bad, it just means that it is triggering the error code.

I had the same error code "21" on my ES300 when my A/C was not blowing cold. I filled up the A/C with freon and the A/C blew cold and the error code went away.

Good luck,

Bryan

Hello all,

Thanks for the info. Sunny, bright day yesterday (for a change!), so I checked my HVAC for errors... none. I didn't know my car had a solar sensor. I guess it's working OK.

This forum is a great resource, especially for those of us who have older cars and like to do some of our own maintenance and repair work. Thanks to all who contribute!