Urgent: Carfax Question!

As you know I am picking up my 2001 ES today.

I was doing a final review of the CarFax report, which came out clean, and I noticed something in the Detailed Vehicle History section.

This vehicle was a privately owned car manufactured in 12/26/2000.

The person sold his vehicle between 06/11/03 and 03/10/04, probably closer to the latter date since that entry says "Dealer Inventory, Vehicle offered for sale".

8 days later, on 03/18/04, they did a NYS Inspection.

Then 3 months later, on 06/11/04 it has another entry, the same thing as the one on 03/10/04 "Dealer Inventory, Vehicle offered for sale".

03/10/04 : Dealer Inventory, Vehicle offered for sale

03/18/04 : NYS Inspection

06/11/04 : Dealer Inventory, Vehicle offered for sale

I'm wondering about the Vehicle offered for sale appearing twice?

Just shuffling around the dealer?

I know that the particular Lexus Dealer owns another dealership about 10 minutes away...

Or were they just checking their inventory again?

I guess this means that the car was sitting on the lot for 4 ~ 5 months. Kinda makes me wonder why nobody snatched it up. It was listed at $26.5k so I don't know if the price turned people off...

Just trying to cover all loose ends.

Anyone have a take on all this?

Thanks

Nick

As you know I am picking up my 2001 ES today.

I was doing a final review of the CarFax report, which came out clean, and I noticed something in the Detailed Vehicle History section.

This vehicle was a privately owned car manufactured in 12/26/2000.

The person sold his vehicle between 06/11/03 and 03/10/04, probably closer to the latter date since that entry says "Dealer Inventory, Vehicle offered for sale".

8 days later, on 03/18/04, they did a NYS Inspection.

Then 3 months later, on 06/11/04 it has another entry, the same thing as the one on 03/10/04 "Dealer Inventory, Vehicle offered for sale".

03/10/04 : Dealer Inventory, Vehicle offered for sale

03/18/04 : NYS Inspection

06/11/04 : Dealer Inventory, Vehicle offered for sale

I'm wondering about the Vehicle offered for sale appearing twice?

Just shuffling around the dealer?

I know that the particular Lexus Dealer owns another dealership about 10 minutes away...

Or were they just checking their inventory again?

I guess this means that the car was sitting on the lot for 4 ~ 5 months. Kinda makes me wonder why nobody snatched it up. It was listed at $26.5k so I don't know if the price turned people off...

Just trying to cover all loose ends.

Anyone have a take on all this?

Thanks

Nick

I can see why the price might keep it on the lot for a while.

You can get a brand new one for $31 K. I can easily see why $26.5 K for a 3-4 year old car with 25 K miles might turn people off.

Agreed! The high price was most likely the main reason why the car remained on the dealers lot. nice, I'm suprised how expensive the "Lexus" extended warranty was! :blink: I purchased my ES from a Lexus dealer & they offered the "Lexus" extended warranty for $1,300 Canadian funds! That covers everything for an additional 3 years or 120,000 miles which ever comes first & I have just over 50k miles on her now. It does sound like the car is a "peach" however B)

:cheers:

Check that.

The car was CPO and it came with 3years 100k mile warranty.

They were offering me extra coverage, 5 years 100k...but in fact the difference is only 2 years b/c it's not a piggy-back policy, it's effective from the date of purchase.

They wanted $2100 for that one and I kindly declined.

I got the car for $24k.

I don't think I got a GREAT deal, but just a "fair" deal.

Rides great.