Synthetic-oil Blend

lx450owner

I got a LX450 1997...... time for an oil change...... I saw in the auto store.... somthing called a Synthetic-oil Blend.....

Claims that you dont need to flush the system, just add it to your normal oil if needed......or use it alone when time to change the oil.

Claims to have cleaning ingredients..... and is recommended for cars/trucks over 75k miles....

ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS ??? anyone here use such an oil in thier truck ???

ANY FEEDBACK would be great ..... getting my oil changed on saturday.....

A few years ago my Lexus dealer used a "blend". BUT, the last few years they use pure synthetic. Not usre if this is a national trend of just my dealer.

From what I usnerstand it is not a problem going from regular oil to synthetic. Just drain the old oil and put on a new filter and fill it to the line.

The internally lubricated parts of a Toyota engine will stay clean enough to last about 500,000 - 692,000 miles using ordinary conventional oil. No owners have reported more than 692,000 miles without needing an engine overhaul, to my knowledge, including the ones who used 100% synthetic oil.

But countless thousands of Toyota engines end up in auto wrecking yards well before 500,000 miles partly because owners focus too much of their maintenance attention on engine oil and oil filters and neglect the cleanliness and condition of their cooling, ignition, fuel exhaust and emission systems. For example, the LX450 inline 6 cylinder engine is sensitive to blowing the cylinder head gasket. So you should try to do everything to keep the engine running cool like replacing spark plugs on time and the coolant on time, the thermostat about every 4-5 years and cleaning the dirt & bugs off the radiator http://www.saber.net/~monarch/radfilthy.jpg and AC condenser.

I wouldn't waste any time with the synth blends. Go full synthetic. It's not much more and you'll get better protection. I use Mobile 1 -- Wal-mart usually has a good price on the stuff -- IMO, it's the only reason to go to Wal-mart...

Dear all 450 owner:

Im not tryin to be wise guy here, but i owned "97 lx 450 for 7 years since the car brand new out of the lexus dealer. Now had 174.996 mileage to be exact.

Since the car brand new i always have Mobil 1 Fully-Synthetic 10W-30 Green cap~

about 7 and 3/4 Quarts with oil filter , because i have lil high mileage now i always had mixed with 5 3/4->10W-30 & 2Quarts->15W-50 red cap. Until now people are so suprised when i leave the car on the idle or with the ac on the motor so quiet

just almost sounds like 5K mile on it.

But of courz i do oil change regularly 3000-3500Miles the top not more than that.

Also Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic been tested in winter time and race lap.. no doubt bout it.

YESSS!!!! MOBIL 1 10W-30 Fully Synthetic -> green cap about $4 buks per quart.

:lol:

PS: Monarch i have plan to keep my 450 till the last, my goal is to get the 888.888 mileage on it ..hhhheuheuee... hopefully by that time this LexOwnersclub.com still exist and ill prove it.. with the condition my car right now.. theres no problem folks.

:D

I am also a major fan of FULL synthetic only. I really believe it reduces friction in the engine to the minimum.

I am shooting for a a complete odometer rollover (1 million miles) in my newly purchased 97 LX450. I drained the old oil and refilled with FULL synthetic the day after I bought it.

I have two other vehicles with a combined mileage of 410K miles that run on it exclusively, also.

Go with 100% synthetic - I have a '93 landcruiser with 210K that has never had a mechanical problem using Mobil One and I recently bought a '99 LX-470 with 79K that I switched all the fluids to synthetics (using Amsoil products).

I was concerned about changing to synthetic from regular oil on the LX-470 (due to potential seal leakage problems) but I have seen NO leakage since the conversion 4000 miles ago, so I think I'm out of the woods on that issue.

Good luck