Wiring For Valentine1

Has anyone done a direct wiring for electronics such as radia detector?

I am trying to wire my V-1 so that I don't have to use the cigarette socket, but it is hard to see where to get the wires through.

Do I need to drill any hole or disassemble some part of the interior to reach power line?

just run the power and ground from your radar detector striaght to your battery

Maybe not the best idea without a switch and relay. The battery could drain easily if the radar is left on to say the least. Depending on where you want to locate the unit, find a nearby switched 12volt source (like from your lighter - you can splice off the leads). Then ground to chassis or splice in off the existing ground. That is how I power the k40. I run the laser supply off the swtiched source from the fuse box in the kick panel of equivalent amperage - instant on. I run the radar power source off of the cigarette positive to the controller and I control by switch and pot, volume, on/off and intensity.

mount the unit up by your inside rear view mirror. using the suction cups on the wind shield. snake the wire along the liner of the interior front wind shield down the drivers side pillar and then along the dash liner by the door jam.that puts you under the dash ask your service rep which is a hot wire you can splice in to and your done. I did on my sc 430 no problem. good luck

hey guys i dont check out sc forums much but since we are on this topic i got a couple questions has anyone tried a bunch of radar detectors?? does anyone know the best in the market right now? i here the V1 kicks butt but no word of all the other new ones coming out by cobra or belltronic are up to V1 par thanks guys

i like my old k40 but the one i currently have i mounted in my front bumper then bout a new speaker for it and ran it up into my air vent its pretty cool works good and you deffinatly wont find it

drives passengers insane they cant figure out where the beeping is coming from haha :lol: