92 & 93 Es300 Have Overheating Problems?

In the faq section on the es300's it says the 92 and 93's have overheating problems??ive never heard that before,is their any way u can prevent this or fix it somehow??im dieing to buy myself an es300 probally a 92 or 93 since i dont have that much money to afford a 94 and above,i will if i can find one tho.i know some of you fellas have 92 and 93 es300's ,have you guys had this problem??did you fix it or what.please help me fellas,i dont wanna buy soemthing else since this is a big problem with these cars.i want my lexus bad :cries: .thanx boys i appreciate it

No Lexus car has overheating problems if the cooling system receives the preventive maintenance that's called for in the owners manual using the factory Toyota Long Life Coolant, distilled water and a Toyota thermostat, water pump and radiator cap.

But the '92's and '93's are a bit sensitive to the consequences of a neglected cooling system and / or a system that has been modified with aftermarket antifreeze and other parts.

So the bottom line is to buy a used ES based on service records, not price. The low priced ones are typically the ones with a sporadic preventive maintenance history.

what ever ,monarch think he knows it all,all the time

you can't really prevent it other than diligent maintance

it is a problem with a iron blick and an aluminum head warping which needs the head to be decked after

i'm a 1993 es300 owner myself, and don't let this bit discourage you too much. i've only had my car overheat once, and it was fairly recent. it could have easily been prevented. turns out my coolant tank had sprung a leak, and i just never noticed the pool of fluid under my car when i parked. fixing it cost a pretty penny. i'd say around $400-$500 USD.

other than that, haven't had any other overheating problems. i wouldn't say the 92 and 93 models are more likely to overheat. like the previous members said, it's all about maintainance.