Headlight Washers Never Worked . . .

Hello Everyone,

Since the day I bought my '92 ES300, the headlight washers have never worked. Although they are really a luxury item, I would like it if mine worked. I press the button and nothing happens . . . I can't even hear a motor sound trying to pump washer fluid.

First of all, I assume that the headlight washers take the fluid from the same resevoir as the windshield wipers. So, I assume my problem is a shot washer pump for the headlights.

Does anyone know where this pump is located? Is it expensive to replace? Is it the exact same as the windshield washer pump?

Thanks for the help!

Bryan

Hello Everyone,

Since the day I bought my '92 ES300, the headlight washers have never worked. Although they are really a luxury item, I would like it if mine worked. I press the button and nothing happens . . . I can't even hear a motor sound trying to pump washer fluid.

First of all, I assume that the headlight washers take the fluid from the same resevoir as the windshield wipers. So, I assume my problem is a shot washer pump for the headlights.

Does anyone know where this pump is located? Is it expensive to replace? Is it the exact same as the windshield washer pump?

Thanks for the help!

Bryan

The lights need to be on and you need to keep the button pressed for it to spray.

I am not sure if this is much help but you may get some ideas...

I have a water gun located in the grill that shoots water about 15 feet in front of the car.

What I did was just attach a water pump from an old buick near the battery and connected the hose to a waterspray nozzle (again from an old buick) near the grill. I have a switch located under the steering wheel that i use to shoot friends and enemies. One time I shot a Harley biker on 401 while stopped....he looked so puzzled. :lol:

Hence, I am sure you can just bypass the motor and just attach a hose from any winshield washer moter to the lexus nuzzle. But probably not worth the time.

good luck.

That's hilarious Hammer!! :lol: Are you serious?! If so, that has got to be the funniest mod I have ever heard of!

SK . . . is the headlight washer bottle separate from the windsheild washer bottle? Maybe I just don't have any fluid in there . . . I assumed that they both ran off of the same resevoir.

Thanks!

Bryan

That's hilarious Hammer!!  :lol:   Are you serious?!  If so, that has got to be the funniest mod I have ever heard of!

SK . . . is the headlight washer bottle separate from the windsheild washer bottle?  Maybe I just don't have any fluid in there . . .  I assumed that they both ran off of the same resevoir.

Thanks!

Bryan

I will try to get a picture of as soon as I get a new digital camera. Its even more funny when you put some yellow food dye in the water...the faces of people walking on the street is priceless as your lexus starts to "pee" :lol: while stopped at lights in downtown Toronto. You just have to remember to put regular winshield fluid during the winter instead of just water.

I am too anal to put anything in my ones as i never use them or the wipers much you see i don;t drive in anything but sunny days if possible and spraying water on my car when it is clean would make me cringe.

yes the bottle is the same

Yeah, I think I will. I have alrady got the power steering pump from that car :P

Standard Auto Wreckers is awesome. I drove an hour just to get the pump there because they are so much cheaper than anywhere else. They also have a large inventory. Probably one of the best wreckers in TO. I have been there the last two or three Saturdays :P

I saw another person with a Green ES on Sat July 17 and Sat July 24. Was that anyone from this board? I actually had my motorcycle there on Sat July 24 (cause I was picking up a small part) but I had my Green ES there on July 17.

Regards,

Bryan