Check Engine

Travieso~13

its khan ,but no problem

glad to straighten things out

i still have a dumbass uncle who thinks he is pimp and says he has a 97 ,like i am stupid when it comes to lexus to not know a 94 which is the easiest one to recognize by dual airbags and old style lights

moron

Sorry about that typo. Haha, a '97 that is really a '94! I guess your uncle forgot what year and model car you drive! :lol:

:cheers:

if you can count flashes of the engine light to get engine codes you are obd 1 with obds there are thousands of codes

there should be an emmision sticker in your engine bay ,it may contain the info for obd2 or 1

if you can count flashes of the engine light to get engine codes you are obd 1 with obds there are thousands of codes

i think i can do this. i tried to retrieve any codes a few days ago while i was in the TDCL port clearing my airbag light. i followed these directions to retrieve the codes. i didn't have a check engine light or anything but i've heard that it might store a code w/out the check engine light appearing. i followed all directions but once i connected the 2 ports with the jumper, instead of flashing a out an error code, it flashed over, and over, and over again. does this mean that my car is OBDII - or - does it mean that there were no error codes to retrieve?