Mysterious Warning Chimes

Hi. I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone could help.

I have a 1994 es300 and love it. It is the smoothest, quietest car I've ever owned and I have no complaints and few wishes.

However, I recently started hearing a chirping alarm everytime I turn the car off and take out the key. It sounds like 5 very quick beeps. It does this for about 5 seconds and then stop.

I called the service department at the local Lexus dealer and they didn't know what it was.

No other alarms are showing. I've checked everything I know to check and cannot figure out what it is trying to tell me. If something needs to be serviced I want to take care of it but I don't know what it would be.

Any ideas?? (please don't tell me to turn off the lights or close the moonroof...already checked the simple stuff)

Welcome to the club!! :D

Are you positive the moonroof isn't tilted or opened any? Maybe you could double check(tilt and slide. tilt is a common one to leave open) just for the hell of it since the moonroof is just about the only thing that will give a warning sound when the car is off unless your key is in the ignition. j/k :lol: The headlights don't make a chime since they go off when you open the door. ;)

:cheers:

I've checked the moonroof numerous times. While the arlarm is sounding, before I shut the car off, when I first get in the car.........

I've opened and closed it just to make sure it's closed. I'm not sure what more I can do.