Rpm Question !

What should the RPM register when driving approx. 73-80 mph? I noticed I was up to 4000rpm and didn't know if that was normal (ok guys please be easy on me) I have a 98 GS300. Thanks in advance

FYI: I realize the faster you drive the higher the rpm will register.

I have a 98 GS400. The armrest between the front seats has a series of switches (mine has 4 (goinf driver to passenger side-

switch 1 Power/Snow

switch 2 driver's side seat heater

switch 3 passenger side seat heater

switch 4 VCS virtual shifting off switch

Check the owner's manual and the proper switch location/indicator will be identified.

Ain't they sweet????

That is drive and not 4th or 3rd or 2nd and the power switch is the closest one to the drivers seat , toggle the switch forward and you are in the power mode [ in my car toggle the switch back and I am in snow mode ] This retards the accelaration so the back tires don't spin as they would if in normal or power mode .

Hope this helps you ;)

When you turn the car on, provided the power-mode is not selected via the switch, you are in normal mode. If you had selected power-mode, "ECT/PWR" would light up in green on the dash, indicating Electronically Controlled Transmission, Power Mode is selected.

Drive is indicated by the green dot on the right-hand side of the gear indicator on the dash, in the "D" position.

post-1-1089868698.jpg

Thanks everyone I will definitely take a look to make sure I am not in power mode..... I do recall playing around with the switches and apparently I left the power mode on.

You Guys are the best!

Thanks Again. :rolleyes:

Sweet-Tee , Glad you got things sorted out , Don't want to make fun of you but guytelefunken and I seem to have some humor sharing going on in this site , Please forgive the humor , THANK YOU :D

Yo Yo ya'll

My Power Button only impacts the RPM by maybe 50 to 100 RMP. The only time im hittin 4K on the tach at 80 is when Im pushen the metal down heading toward doing 90, or when I leave the darn shifter in 4 after being stuck in traffic jams.