"lights On" Chime - How To Turn Back On?

Recently the factory battery in my 2001 GS300 died and amazingly enough, within an hour the Lexus Roadside Assistance people had a technician at my house who replaced the battery under warranty! That was the good news. The bad news is that somehow the disconnection of the battery not only lost all electric presets, it also appears to have made the 'lights on' chime stop working. This means when the lights are on, but the car is turned off the warning chime doesn't sound. This is a big problem when you live in Florida where it rains all the time, especially when your significant other tends to leave the lights on a lot! I searched all over the owners manual, and found nothing about the ability to turn the feature back on. Anybody know how to do this? I don't really want to make a dealer trip just to get this fixed...

Actually if you leave the headlight switch in "auto" mode, you won't ever have to worry about turning on or off the lights. If you're like me, you wouldn't do that; I like to turn things off and on manually.

Nevertheless, at least in the '98 GS, the headlights turn themselves off automatically 30 seconds after you remove the key and close the doors. It doesn't matter if you leave the switch in the "auto" or "on" position. If you use the remote to lock the car the headlights stay on for 30 seconds if you press the "lock" button 1 time. They turn off immediately if you press "lock" 2 times.

The delay of 30 seconds is customizable to either 30, 60, or 90 seconds, with the Lexus handheld computer.

Interestingly, my car does not produce a warning chime if I leave the lights on. It never has. How about everyone else? Does your Lexus chime?