Gs300 Transmission

I have a 2000 GS300. The only complaint I have is the car shifts terribly first thing in the morning. Especially if I take a slow right turn (direction probably not important but my first turn in the a.m. is right), meaning no stop but a 90 degree turn from a 25 mph road, the rpm surges as I give the gas. I have found a compaint or two on the internet over the past year or two but not much else. Removing battery connects doesn't help. It's not just something a reboot takes care of. Dealer couldn't find any problems either.

These (and many other) cars do shift differently when cold, by design. The theory is that the transmission will hold lower gears longer and will seem to "resist" shifting to keep the RPM higher to heat the catalytic convertors more quickly.

I have found in my '98 that when I give a little gas such as at the bottom of a steep hill, the car will hesitate before dropping a gear or two and lurching forward. This seems to be the case with other GS's I have driven (as well as my old BMW). So therefore, I believe it is working the way it was designed to.

Of course you may have a totally different situation, and perhaps even some kind of problem. The best way to make that determination is drive another '00 GS under the same conditions see how it shifts. You might have a friend with one or find one at a dealership and go for a "test drive."

You might want to reset the ECU by disconnecting the neg. terminal from the battery for 20 min. Then reconnect and drive the car like you just stole it [ meaning that you should take off with the pedal to the metal ] and let the ECU memorize that type of driving . Then it will adjust in your future driving habits .[ just a thought ] You will have to reprogram your radio and seat settings .

I own a trans shop, to me it sounds like a slip check your fluid level also when did you do a trans sevice last. Try this get up a few minutes early and start your car let warm up then try if no slip you might have hard rubber in trans and lip seals in trans may not be sealing right. let me know how you made out.