Been In An Accident, Need Repairs

Hi

Yesterday, some idiot was backing out and scratched the right side of my bumper and part of the alloy wheel. He came to me and said "I'm going to be honest with you, I hit you but I didn't cause those scratches-they were already there from another incident." I was like, okay, since you said you hit me, let's swap information, and he's like no, i hit you but didn't cause those scratches so I don't need to swap information with you and simply gives me his name and phone number and drives off." I was wondering if with those scratches I need to replace my bumper and alloy wheel. I would like to since the bumper is discolored (it's a bit beige while my car is white.) Is there any justification you can all think of to replace the two components instead of buffing it off?

If the wheel is scratched then there really isnt anything that you could do to fix it. It wouldnt be cost efficient to get it repaired when you can get a new one cheaper, also. If the bumper isnt cracked then it should just need a repaint if the scratches go that far down. Are you seeing any other colors in the scratches? Besides the other persons paint i mean

Shoulda taken his plate and make/model/color of car and called the police. Leaving the scene of an accident is a HUGE no no. Did he give you a bum number too? Regardless, sounds like the repairs will be cheap anyways. Good luck.

I got some of his info, he's a company employee also, so I can always use his employee number..(may have failed to mention that)....in the scratches, I do see like black and some red (odd combination) maybe?...his car was a dark blue color. I don't think he's insured, but I have insurance so things should work out. I just hope they can replace the bumper and alloy wheel so my car will have a matching front bumper color and new wheel. I'd rather spend a little bit more to have nice, new parts anyhow. the previous owner was really "frugal" so I mean, and she's been in fender benders before, there are some scratches that aren't mine when I bought it so, it'd be nice to have a replacement.

It's 350 for a wheel and 350 for a bumper.