$1,000 For 3m Film?

:o Got quoted over $1,000 to coat front bumper and side mirrors with 3m protectant on my 2000 SC300. Seems very high. Anyone had this done or have gotten any quotes. Only one guy does it in my area. Can U say monopoly? Appreciate any response. Thanks

go to the dealer and get a quote from them to get your highest possible price. no one is more expensive than the dealer

but you do have an L on the front of the car as well as a very large and round bumper

but no way in hell it should cost that much unless it is peso's

i have a guy here who payed about $700 canadian which is about 500 usd

and had the whole front ,headlights bumpers hood mirrors rocker panels and some other parts done. this was the best job i had ever seen ,as i couldn;t tell until i was underneath and started to remove parts for the TT kit and saw the edge nicely tucked away.

hmm i was thinking of getting this protective layer after i upgraded to 97 body. my question is, is maintenance as normal as regular paint? harder? easier? like washing the car, do you use auto soap, do you have to wax the car? will it harm your paint if you want to peel it off someday? seems like a lot of questions but im sure this will clear things up for many people...especially me :P

wash and wax liek normal only pros will need to be carefull waxing it with a high speed machine

it may peel the paint if it has been repainted but if oem paint from the factory when built it wont peel

but who removes them anyway

as long as it is heated properly for removal even when on a repainted surface it wont remove the paint with it

It protects the paint for scuff scrathces and mainly stone chips as the plastic is softer nd can take damage without marring the paints finish.

think of a thicker but just as clear wersion of saran wrap