Update On My Swap

well ive looked all around florida and found a shop close to my location that can do the swap for me and ive stopped by there a couple of times to make sure these guys are qualified and they deffinatly are they have actually done 2 other 2jzgtte swaps into sc300s before that i have seen myself one being a project car of theirs and another to a private customer i met up with now all there is left to do is get the engine and ill be going straight to a front mount intercooler to make things easier on the shop i have selected ive asked them to get me a price on labor, the engine itself, and the front mount im hopeing it will be all around 6k or under if all goes according to plan(which im not really expecting it to for a swap like this) then i should have the money for it and the swap completed in a month or two any last suggestions from any one before i get very serious on the swap???

yah for now ill keep a stock look outside except for my rims. i wanna have a lil fun with ppl. ive got another problem from what im hearing and common knowledge once you get around 400 hp your going to have problems with the automatic tranny. the only reason im not too sure about the 6speed is the price. if you guys could give me any kind of estimate on the tranny itself and all the components for it that would be very very helpful. im thinking i might have to get the 6speed(i hate auto anyways). so maybe a few more weeks of waiting and a couple more pay checks will be in order

thanks for any advice

I wouldnt count out the auto too quick. If you get an upgraded valve body and a fluid cooler you should be able to hold a bit more. You might want to think about a dragon torque convertor also. The Getrags go for around 1500 for the trans alone. Total swap a bit over $2k depending on the shop and how much they charge for custom driveshaft and mounting.

• 3 weeks later...