Replacing Antennae Mast

Have a '95 ES 300 and the antennae got stuck for some reason. It will go up and down with some help, but I can't keep doing that. It has since been bent and now I believe I need to replace the mast. Never done it before and was looking for some help. Is it difficult, easy, do I need any special tools. I may sell the car soon, so I'd rather not spend a ton of money at the dealership.

Thanks

Have a '95 ES 300 and the antennae got stuck for some reason. It will go up and down with some help, but I can't keep doing that. It has since been bent and now I believe I need to replace the mast. Never done it before and was looking for some help. Is it difficult, easy, do I need any special tools. I may sell the car soon, so I'd rather not spend a ton of money at the dealership.

Thanks

go get the replacement mast, Pepboys sell for toyota camry which not much different from es300 (around $25 and MUST be for toyota). Unscrew the nut that holding the mass on the outside, then turn on the radio it should push the mast out and just help pulling it. To install a new one just turn OFF the radio and put the plastic mast back to the antenna, screw it back then you are done.

• 4 months later...
Have a '95 ES 300 and the antennae got stuck for some reason.  It will go up and down with some help, but I can't keep doing that.  It has since been bent and now I believe I need to replace the mast.  Never done it before and was looking for some help.  Is it difficult, easy, do I need any special tools.  I may sell the car soon, so I'd rather not spend a ton of money at the dealership.

Thanks

go get the replacement mast, Pepboys sell for toyota camry which not much different from es300 (around $25 and MUST be for toyota). Unscrew the nut that holding the mass on the outside, then turn on the radio it should push the mast out and just help pulling it. To install a new one just turn OFF the radio and put the plastic mast back to the antenna, screw it back then you are done.

I read your info about the antenna replacement but Pep Boys said they only sell the fixed mast. What is everyone talking about if this is all they sell? Do you have a part number for the Toyota replacement mast? Pep Boys in Raleigh says they have never had this item and in their book it show n/a under power antenna.

Please let me know.

Also, other instructions have said you must remove a nut from the bottom of the antenna housing inside the trunk. Do you know if there is anything else that you do to replace the mast....It seems there are many people saying many different methods for doing this.

Did u ask for Camry mast? Cause in the computers, it will say that it is not available for a Lexus ES300 but what some people don't realize is that some of the ES's car components are shared with a Camry. So be sure to ask for the Camry's mast. If pep boys don't have it, you can always check out other auto parts retail store like Napa, Advanced Auto Parts, Autozone, Strauss, etc.

If you want a genuine part, then check out irontoad.com or americanlexusparts.com, or other websites that might have been mentioned in this forum. If you want a used part, check http://www.taprecycling.com/ since they only deal with LEXUS and TOYOTA vehicles. Or check your local junk yard. You can also go to your toyota or lexus dealer and ask for the part.

Perhaps someone else can help with your other question since i've never taken out the mast.

Good luck :cheers: B)

you need to reread the faq instructions on mast removal

the nut is at the base of the mast where it comes out of the fender ,it is not inside the trunk but sits on the otuside of the car.

i have a almost new mast for sale as well in the buy and sell but lexus sells the parts,