How Many Here Are Cpo Owners?

rvgraham

My 1999 LS400 came off lease in May, went on the auction block, became the property of a local Lexus dealer, and then became mine by the first week of June. I paid a bit more than I might have at a private sale, but got a much better interest rate than I might have on my own.

The warranty sounds great, there's only a very small exclusion list, and they state that you are to be treated the same as a new car buyer.

I get to test this next thursday, when it goes in for it's first appointment, I want the radio replaced because some of the lcd segments are missing, and I want the outside mirrors dimming to work. The first service writer and the salesman himself didn't even know the outside mirrors are electrochromic, so this'll probably be fun.

My car had 50,900 miles at purchase, so my effective warranty is 3 years/49,100 miles WCF. The first three years should be worry free? Or will they?

Bob

Congratulations on your purchase rvgraham!

I've got a 99 as well and have the same problem with LCD pixels, roughly four pixels burned out already. I will probably wait till half of them disappear before replacing. I have over 110,000 miles on mine now and to date no major service done to it. Contemplating to change the timing belt before the winter starts this year. Yours only has 50,000 miles, i wouldn't worry too much about any potential repairs.

Enjoy the car and don't forget to change the oil occasionally.

Add me to the list of missing LCD #'s...........

They are all on the stereo ; far right - as it counts the Min, secs on whatever CD is playing. All other LCD's are okay............

My 99LS came off a 4 yr lease - I bought it at auction thru a friend - had 53K on it; now has 64K.

NO other issues - smooth machine!! You should be worry free :D

:cheers:

No LCD's burnt out on my '97 LS.

I also bought my car from a Lexus dealer off of a 3 year lease. It had 33,000 miles on it then and has 79,000 on it now.

I'm going to be replacing the struts and springs this summer. Front struts are leaking a bit at the top.

I also bought my car from a Lexus dealer off of a 3 year lease. It had 33,000 miles on it then and has 79,000 on it now.

I'm going to be replacing the struts and springs this summer. Front struts are leaking a bit at the top.

I'm a little disappointed to hear of suspension parts; at only 79,000 miles?

Was your car not a cpo? that should be covered if it is, unless it's considered normal wear, which it shouldn't be!

Bob

They are all on the stereo ;  far right - as it counts the Min, secs on whatever CD is playing.  All other LCD's are okay............

Same exact ones on my radio.

What I'm fishing for is whether Lexus covers this without complaint, or you have to fuss a bit. If it occurs frequently, I'd like to get it replaced now and then again just before my warranty wears out in 3 years!

Bob

They are all on the stereo ;  far right - as it counts the Min, secs on whatever CD is playing.  All other LCD's are okay............

Same exact ones on my radio.

What I'm fishing for is whether Lexus covers this without complaint, or you have to fuss a bit. If it occurs frequently, I'd like to get it replaced now and then again just before my warranty wears out in 3 years!

Bob

Let me know how it comes out!!

:cheers:

I'm a little disappointed to hear of suspension parts; at only 79,000 miles?

Was your car not a cpo? that should be covered if it is, unless it's considered normal wear, which it shouldn't be!

Bob

Hi Bob, yes it was a "CPO" but that warranty is only good for 5 years from the "Original Date of Purchase." I figure at almost 80,000 miles they are worn out. If it was an American car I would have done struts 50,000 miles ago. :D

Hi Bob, yes it was a "CPO" but that warranty is only good for 5 years from the "Original Date of Purchase." I figure at almost 80,000 miles they are worn out. If it was an American car I would have done struts 50,000 miles ago.

They must have changed the deal more recently, the CPO program is now 3 Years from date of used purchase or when the odometer reaches 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Therefore the warranty ends either 3 years from date of purchase or when the odometer reaches 100,000 miles (Regardless of how many of those are yours).

I don't know if struts are on the exclusion list or not. Most wear items are excluded.

Bob

Hi Bob:

I could be wrong and probably am. For some reason I thought it was 5 yrs.:blushing:

Mark

Actually, I reread the warranty text and it doesn't exclude struts, per se, but it says that if something hasn't failed yet, but a technician just "says" it's time to replace it, that would not be covered. So unless the struts have broken free from their mounts, or suffered some other complete failure, you're probably on your own.

As far as the length of the CPO warranty, it is as I stated before; however, that was not necessarily the case when you bought yours.

Bob